You Tube continues to grow as a very powerful platform. While many astute marketers recognize that short form video is getting more and more popular over the written word, the big question looming is how to turn video into a direct lead generation funnel.
On your creator channel in You Tube or within a particular video, you can spend time enhancing the video by adding something called a card. These cards come in different shapes and sizes, but they are all designed to give you a way to draw attention from within the video for a viewer to self-select themselves down a lead optimization funnel.
You can add up to 5 cards to one video and you can decide how many seconds apart the cards will be within the video. Here are the steps to get everything set up.
- On a computer signed into your account, go to your Video Manager.
- Find the video you want to add cards to and select Edit.
- In the tab bar at the top, select Cards.
- Select Add card and choose what type of card you want.
- Channel cards- you can link your viewers to a particular channel you want them to watch.
- Donation cards- you can raise funds for any US non-profit foundation or entity.
- Fan funding- your fans can contribute to your cause if they like you.
- Link cards- drive your viewers to a particular link, lead page, or free download.
- Poll cards- get your followers engaged with a particular poll.
- Video or playlist cards- move your followers over to a video you want them to watch or a playlist that you think they will like.
- Next to the type of card you want to add, select Create.
- If you haven’t done so previously, for some link types select Enable first to accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Enter the URL where you want viewers to be sent from the card.
- Upload an image or select one of the suggestions from the site if applicable. Uploads need to be in .jpg, .gif, or .png format and no larger than 5MB. Keep in mind that this image will be cropped to be square.
- If applicable, edit the title, call to action, and any other text (up to 30 characters). You can adjust the start time for the card teaser in the timeline below the video.
- Select Create card.
This should get you started with your deck of cards of for You Tube. See if you can generate some more leads by using these click throughs on your videos.
(NOTE: make sure sharing plugins are at the bottom of each box, have a place for comments, and be certain we can get email signups, my bio, etc.)